Like our Facebook page to be notified of new posts.
- Wilf Oldham – Ordeal by Water
- SAS Special Raiding Squadron (SRS) – The Cliffs of Cape Murro di Porco
- The Story of Glider 57 – The Cliffs of Cape Murro di Porco
- Lt J S D Hardy, RSO of 1 Border Regiment in Operation Ladbroke
- Operation Ladbroke, Fustian, Glutton, Bigot, Husky – or not?
- The Story of Glider Y – Bayonets & Threats of Execution
- Operation Ladbroke Sites – the Coup-de-Main Objectives
- Italian Cavalry Attack British Glider Troops on the Ponte Grande Bridge
- The Story of Glider 52 & Gozo in Operation Ladbroke
- A US glider trooper in Operation Varsity – John Kormann’s legacy
- Chatterton vs Hopkinson – the Facts
- Glider Pilots to Blame for Operation Ladbroke Disaster? Part 3
- The Battle for Augusta – Jim Fern and the 6 Seaforths
- The Story of Glider 70 – Disaster for Medics in Operation Ladbroke
- Glider Pilots to Blame for Operation Ladbroke Disaster? Part 2
- SAS Rogue Heroes – Book Review
- The Story of Glider 26 – Combat Medics in Operation Ladbroke
- Glider Pilots to Blame for Operation Ladbroke Disaster?
- Unseen US document reveals impact of glider battle at Maleme
- South Staffords near Syracuse – rare photograph
Tag Archives: Michael Samek
A peaceful beach today was once a scene of death. Its horror was painstakingly photo-graphed by the cameramen of a US film unit. Their images reveal a harrowing truth about Operation Ladbroke. In the corner of the bay where the cliffs of the Maddalena … Continue reading
American tug pilots in Operation Ladbroke were roundly condemned for unilaterally releasing their gliders, many of which landed in the sea off Sicily. Is there more to the story? Previously unpublished evidence helps clarify an enduring mystery. Squadron Leader Lawrence Wright was … Continue reading